These valuable projects need your financial support! Thank you for your kind consideration of supporting the AAUW mission projects.
Each year, our AAUW San Ramon members and friends enthusiastically support our projects—Tech Trek, Branch Scholarships (Scholarships for Renaissance Program Recipients and Local Scholarships) and AAUW Fund—with creative ideas, hard work, and generous financial donations.
This year, as our branch celebrates our 40th anniversary of service, the young women of our community need our help as much as ever, yet fundraising challenges remain.
These projects provide many benefits and need your financial support to continue:
- For AAUW Branch Scholarships: San Ramon Local Scholarship (4600)
- Renaissance Program Recipients: At our September Membership meeting, we met five women from the Cal State East Bay Renaissance Scholars Program who received AAUW San Ramon scholarships. The CSUEB program supports students exiting the foster care system who lack the support system needed to accomplish their dream of obtaining a college degree. Last year, with your help, we were able to provide more than $7,400 in various forms of support
- Local Scholarships: At our May year-end celebration, we hosted three of our four local scholarship recipients from Dougherty Valley and California high schools, along with their parents. Each of these talented and accomplished young women, who are headed to 4-year colleges this fall, each received a $1,000 scholarship.
- AAUW CA Projects (Tech Trek): Pick camp Tech Trek – Sonoma Camp from pull-down menu. Next page, click on “Write a Note (Optional)”, type SAN RAMON BRANCH – CA0189 (For third-party direct donations, e.g. employer match, please contact our Branch Finance Officer.)
- A successful Tech Trek camp was held this year, and our branch team, supported by your generosity, was able to send five rising 8th grade girls to the residential campus program at Sonoma State and two to the virtual camp. At our September meeting, we met several of these enthusiastic campers and heard how Tech Trek inspired their interest in STEM and built their confidence. Cost for the 2022 residential camp was $1,000 per camper and is expected to rise due to inflation.
- Members: Please be sure to include your member ID (you can find this next to your first name in the Branch Directory)
- AAUW Fund: This national-level program offers fellowships at the graduate level, supports research, and promotes key legislative priorities. Last year, with the support of our branch and from members and supporters all over the U.S., the fund distributed $6 million in grants to women pursuing graduate degrees leading to fair pay and economic equity.
AAUW MEMBERS: Log into the Community Hub at https://my.aauw.org/NC_Login
NON-MEMBERS: Go to https://my.aauw.org/donation-product-detail
Choose 9110 AAUW Greatest Need Fund (or other AAUW project of your choice)
If you prefer writing a check, please contact us by email for details email@example.com
Your AAUW SR Board Members