We hope you will take a few minutes to read this important message that affects the success of our annual projects.
Through the years our members have enthusiastically supported our branch projects, Local Scholarship, Tech Trek, and AAUW Fund, with creative ideas, hard work and generous financial donations. This year we face difficult fundraising challenges due to the pandemic restrictions in place for our health and safety.
- These projects provide so many benefits and need your financial support to continue. At our September Membership meeting we met two of our Local Scholarship Renaissance Program Scholars and learned a little of their life experiences. Their gratitude for our efforts was abundant. In May, six local high school students heading to 4-year colleges also received scholarships.
- Although Tech Trek camp was cancelled due to the pandemic, the team was able, with recognition and fun rewards, to cushion a bit the disappointment of 12 young ladies who had qualified to interview but missed the opportunity to attend camp.
- AAUW Fund, that branches support at the national level, is a critical resource for grants and fellowships for women pursuing graduate degrees leading to fair pay and economic equity. This month we had an opportunity to meet some of these women at the “Meet the Fellows “virtual Zoom sessions.
Please Be Generous
To donate now, please use this form for online or check donations, Many Ways to Donate to AAUW, it includes detailed instructions. Also, the project teams for Local Scholarship, Tech Trek, and Fund will be publicizing plans in the newsletter over the next few months, seeking your participation and financial donations. We hope we can count on you in this united effort to fully support our branch projects for 2020-2021.
AAUW Board Members
Community of Service
AAUW San Ramon supports several local and national service projects and is always looking to do more. Fundraising to support these projects comes from member donations, various events open to the community, and outside donations. Fundraising events are posted on our website and shared with the public. Here are the branch projects we support:
- Tech Trek: A nationwide program where middle-school girls are awarded participation in a 1-week residential STEM camp. Typically, AAUW San Ramon sends 6 girls. 2020 camp was cancelled due to COVID-19. Plans for 2021 are underway and camps will be virtual.
- Scholarships: Two types of college scholarships are awarded. One to graduating high school girls (Local Scholarships) and the other to Cal State East Bay students who were in the foster care system (Renaissance Scholars Program). 2021 program will adapt to COVID related guidelines.
- AAUW Fund: All branches contribute to support AAUW National programs. The amount AAUW San Ramon donates to the Fund depends primarily on individual donations. 2021 program will be adapted as required by COVID guidelines.
In addition to providing financial support, members can join various local, state, and national committees and volunteer their time to organize, help, or lead in these areas. AAUW CA and AAUW National websites have many informative and motivating options for education and local service including webinars, updates on issues, career tips, how to support relevant legislation and promote others to do the same through your communities and social networks.